Most people who know me already know that it's pretty rare that I get jump-up-and-down-slap-happy-giddy about anything. If I won millions in the lottery, I'd likely respond with a nice, calm "Cool." And that's all. I've been like that most of my life, and I doubt it will change anytime soon. At some point, I'll write a series of blog posts about the hows and whys of my ways.
What kinds of things would get me excited? My daughter getting married or having a child? Someone finding a cure for diabetes? The world's biggest roller coaster opening at Magic Mountain, just 40 miles away? My blog going viral and landing me a lucrative job and worldwide attention? Some of those things would lift my spirits a notch or three, but if I had to choose, I'll say it's Diana getting her Bachelors degree in Psychology.
Diana has really kicked things up a few notches in the education department over the last few years. As many of us know, it's hard to work and go to school at the same time. Diana was recently promoted to an assistant manager where she works and is trying to finish her studies at Ventura College before going on to Cal State Channel Islands. At this point, we don't know whether she plans to go further and get her Masters or PhD.
But "Dr. Diana" does have a nice ring to it.
The 30-Day Writing Challenge is officially over as of today's post. But I'll wrap it up with an epilogue of sorts next time. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment