Friday, November 27, 2015

Writing challenge, Day 27: what I wore today

Some people live for fashion. Clothing is their world. For me, clothing serves to hide my body from the eyes of poor, innocent folks as well as the police. A pair of Levi's 501s, a T-shirt, and my walking shoes will generally do for most of what I do anymore. I do get dressed up when I have a casino party to work, a wedding or funeral to attend, or a Sunday church service when I go.

Today for Thanksgiving, I got dressed as I described above, being that dinner at Mom's is a fairly casual affair. Had I shown up dressed to the nines, I'd probably have been laughed right out of the house since everyone else was dressed to the threes---which is OK by me. Threes work just fine.

Not only was I decked out in genuine, Chinese-made Levi's 501s with my Reebok DMX walking shoes, but I raised the bar a notch with a long sleeved sweatshirt with various embroidered Disney characters riding a roller coaster on the pocket and just above it. (Lori found that shirt at The Disney Store a long time ago and I rediscovered it fairly recently in my closet while looking for a shirt to wear.)

Try not to laugh, but here is a shot of me wearing the previously described ensemble. Zoom in to see the details of the embroidery. And ignore my giant belly; I just finished eating Thanksgiving dinner.


For my next trick, I'll tell you about a word or phrase I use often. Stay awake...

No comments:

Post a Comment