This is without a doubt one of the easier topics of the writing challenge. Generally speaking, I like just about any fruit you can throw at me—and some people would be happy to take aim. But there's one fruit that I just cannot get into: coconut.
For starters, I don't want to eat a fruit that requires a sledge hammer to open. With most fruit, you just tear off the peel or simply rinse it and enjoy. You can expect a bit of juice to get on you and your clothes, but not in the quantity of that of a coconut. "What's all over your shirt?" "Oh, I spilled my coconut milk." Even without its own milk or the not-so-easy-to-open package it comes in, I just don't like the taste of coconut. Never have. And for even less fun, it gets stuck in my teeth. At Halloween, getting all of those fun size bars was nice unless they were Mounds or Almond Joy, because that meant...coconut. Yuck! (On a side note, why are "fun size" chocolate bars so small? If they're "fun," shouldn't they be big enough to share with all of your friends? The size of, say, a grand piano? After all, it is chocolate, y'know!)
It just so happens that my wife loves coconut. Good! She can have mine.
Speaking of the Mrs., tomorrow's entry will be about our relationship. It ought to be...interesting. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment