Tuesday, January 21, 2020

"What is your greatest weakness?"

"What is your greatest weakness?" Sounds like a job interview question, huh? But that is a question that is often asked of jobseekers during interviews. Strangely, I've never been asked that question in all of the times I've been interviewed. Maybe there's something about me that says, "You'd better not ask him that, because he's going to tell you. And you WON'T like it." You never know.

Raising this question in my blog, however, is a different story. Like most folks, I do have my weaknesses as well as some strengths. This isn't a job interview, so you don't have to keep reading, but I'mma tell you about it anywayzzz!!1! (Ouch! It hurt writing that...)

Regarding my weakness(es), I could bring up all kinds of things, but I'm going to focus on one that has held me back to some degree. If I can change my ways, I'd be in a much better place.

Weakness of the Day™: I don't ask for help when I should.

All of us have been there. You're in your classroom. You understand an assignment, as does most of the rest of the class. But one person raises their hand to ask for a detailed clarification of the work involved. Those who understood the first time it was explained are now annoyed that they have to listen to the teacher explaining in detail what s/he wants done. Many of your classmates—and maybe even YOU—are annoyed by having to listen to THAT IDIOT'S QUESTION!!!

Not surprisingly, I never wanted to be the one to ask questions about something that was abundantly clear when explained the first time. So I didn't. Many times, I didn't ask even when I should have asked. And I ended up making what could have and should have been an unavoidable mistake.

Fast forward to now. This problem is still a thing with me. As I've mentioned a thousandteen times now, I'm in need of a job. Financially, things are getting kind of...dire. And I need some help with things involving money that I don't have. There are a few people I can ask for help, and I need to hop to it because there's a time issue with a few of these things. Also, I kinda like my house.

In my last post, I did say, "There are some serious things going on in my life, but I'm not going to reveal them as of yet." But the previous paragraph gave a good hint as to a few of the things that are up with me, though, not everything. I'll reveal others as I see fit. Also, I'll say my prayers, and hope that some divine intervention as well as some intervention here on earth will take place.

Not speaking up when I need to is, in my opinion, a serious weakness of mine that I need to overcome. But like so many things, I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment