As I've said at least a hundredteen thousand, sixty-twelve times, I'm a huge fan of theme parks—roller coasters in particular. Last year, I actually made it out to Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) exactly...once. That park has been one of my happy places since it opened in 1971 as simply "Magic Mountain." (The Six Flags Corp. bought the park in 1979 and slapped its corporate moniker on the place.) I have the distinction of having visited the park at least once during each and every year it's been open. Because of COVID, I only made it out to there for that one visit in 2021, as SFMM celebrated its 50th anniversary. I got a special deal from park management for a 2022 season pass, so I took them up on it and plan to visit at least once.
Regardless of how I feel, I will likely get out there for the opening of their 20th coaster, Wonder Woman—Flight of Courage, an RMC single-rail coaster. (Single-rail coaster? Think of it as sort of a gravity-powered monorail. For more information, watch this.) In the video, a smaller version of that type of coaster (RailBlazer at California's Great America) was featured. I got to ride it in 2019 during a trip with a friend. However, I was feeling a lot better then and the trip went well. These days...eh. I'm not so sure.
My last trip to Knott's Berry Farm was in 2018 when they opened their Hangtime coaster. I'd like to get back there again sometime soon to see the updated version of Knott's Beary Tales, but the health problems still apply. Ditto for Sea World—last trip in 2018 for the opening of Electric Eel, and they're opening a new coaster this year (Emperor). I'm hoping that I'm up to going for the media day event if ACE members are needed. As for Disneyland, the crazy crowds have returned, and I'm just not up to dealing with all of that. Their once-free FastPass system—which was the right way to let guests skip long lines—has gone to a paid system. In my opinion, Disneyland has gotten too expensive for what you get. They will always have their fans, but as time goes on, I'm not really one of them so much anymore.
We'll see what happens this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment