If I recall, I wrote a post about this once before. In fact, I actually went through my index and found such a post from June 2018. Go ahead and read it if you want. Just click here for free boredom.
There's no doubt that anyone whose livelihood depends on what or how much they write has had some dry moments. Of course, when you're out running around, all kinds of things pop into your head and you say to yourself, "Now there's an idea for a blog post!" When you get home, of course. But all too often, when you do get home and get set in your chair in front of your computer (or typewriter for those who prefer cutting edge technology from the olden days) your mind has a test pattern showing. That means that you're not going to be writing much tonight. I've been there too many times.
Fortunately, my blog is for my enjoyment, much like how some people go out to a movie or throw a few games at the bowling alley. I earn exactly $0.00 for what I write here, which is OK because there's a certain joy when what you write is appreciated by your friends and family. Writing about your life and the things that are a part of it leaves you feeling good. It won't put food on your table or pay your bills, but you'll put a smile on your face and get a great night's sleep after writing an outstanding post.
These days, I'm struggling with a few major things that could bring me some trouble. In some ways, I feel that writing about them might help me to feel better, but, given the nature of these things, I think that they're better left to myself for now. A few select folks are aware of some of these things and have been as much help as they can. Any of you who know me in real life can ask me what's going on and chances are I'll share what I can. The nature of these things is simply not suitable for widespread public disclosure. (No need to worry—no one is dying...)
I know that the previous paragraph was somewhat cryptic, but for the things going on, it's best that these issues remain on the QT. As for more pleasant and positive blog entries, give me a little time and those will return. Now that I've written a post of several paragraphs in length, it may indicate that writer's block may not have been as much of an issue as I thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment