Somehow, a couple of weeks have gone by since my last post. So many times I've said repeatedly, over and over, again and again, that I have so much to write about, and yet I haven't been writing. Doesn't make any sense, huh? Not surprisingly, there's a reason: I'm going through one of my "not feeling well" phases. I don't usually feel well most of the time these days, but some days are actually better than others. On those days, I feel up to writing or doing almost anything else. Today must be one of those better days because...here I am!
The previous paragraph was mostly old news and not worth repeating. But you knew that.
Fair warning—and, no, I'm not telling you about the county fair coming. What I mean is that there will be a fair amount of randomness throughout this post. Sometimes you have to do that in order to make sure that your readers stay awake and to get back into the practice of writing on a regular basis.
But why is not writing a bad thing? Writing is good for the soul; whether you're good at it doesn't matter. It's a good way to express yourself and a great outlet for when you're frustrated. It's a lot easier (and better) to write something than to stand up and shout into a room full of people. For some reason, people don't like when someone does that.
Writing keeps you grounded. Writing keeps your brain going and your mind strong. (Lord knows we need more of that among our people!)
Amazingly, I've managed to reach age sixty. Who'da thunk? As I sit writing this, I realize that some things have gotten out of reach for me—physical things mostly. I talk about diabetes a lot, but haven't said much about the asthma that I've dealt with off and on throughout my life. It comes and goes and hasn't been much of a hindrance for the most part, but I do have a serious bout with it now and then. Throw that into the pot with diabetes and you wind up with some issues capable of holding me back. All I can do is to take things day by day.
Many times I've thought about the past ten years that Eric's Planet has been in existence. Having a place to write that not only doesn't cost me anything, but also allows me to share what I write as I see fit is really a blessing and a gift.
All I need to do is to make good use of that gift more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment