Believe it or not, I have actually been asked when and where I write my blog posts. I'm not sure why anyone would need to know that─let alone want to know. Everyone already knows why I write (it's a creative outlet) and how I write (fairly straight forward with a twist of cuckoopants crazy). To be honest, I needn't disclose anything about this planet that I've called home for so many years. Not even where the 7-Eleven is.
When all is said and dumb, there is no rhyme or reason to putting a post together. An idea floats into my head and is quickly assaulted by the TSA to assure that anything trying to enter isn't carrying more than 3.4 oz. of intelligence or common sense, and has a valid Real ID. We certainly wouldn't want anything capable of showing signs of common sense or producing chuckles, snickers, guffaws or all-out laughter to get in here. Nor do we want anything that might cause liquids to suddenly and rapidly exit the body through the nose with a giggle or a snort. (That happened once back in the '70s, but we don't talk about it much.)
Anyone who's been reading my recent posts may have noticed that while I do write some...interesting...stuff, I have also taken a look at some of the real stuff going down as of late. This world is most certainly changing─and not for the better. There are people who have chosen to destroy what has taken so long to build just to suit their very misguided ideas as to what society should be. The racial protests do need to happen because one segment of our society has received less than dignified treatment for far too long. Such protests need to be peaceful, however. Some folks have chosen to destroy property and hurt or kill innocent people in the process. That's overstepping the line and does nothing good. And such actions may even go so far as to undo any positive accomplishments that were made. Writing about this brings it to the forefront of things to think about─and to talk about and take productive action. I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to writing about social or political issues, but I do what I can.
By the way, to answer the main topic of today's post, I write when something is knocking at the door to my mind, and I choose to answer that door. (If it's that woodpecker again, I just slam the door in its face. If the beak gets stuck, TOUGH!) As of late, I write while sitting in the family room under the skylight. It's a very comfortable place to be and quite conducive to reading and writing. And it's only a few steps from the kitchen.
Thank you, Eric. Always a delight to read your words of wisdom, Keep ‘em coming!
ReplyDeleteYour friend, Jim Kula