Given that I've been cranking out blog posts as of late like Ma churnin' butter down on the farm, you could come to the conclusion that either: A) I'm incredibly bored; B) I have a lot to say; C) I'm stuck at home; or D) All of the above. If you chose D, you're absolutely correct! Should I write for the sake of writing, or because there's something that I want to discuss? Eh, I'll just keep going. Something will fall into place or off of a shelf. You never know...
Like regular people, I have some things that could be classified as "nitpicks"─you know, those little things that bug you to the point of having a fit and embarrassing yourself if you don't get a grip on them. My own list is kind of long, but I mostly keep it under my hat. (That's probably why I have a bald spot.) Writing a post here about that list of peeves might make me feel good to get it off of my chest, but would probably make anyone who read it close the page and run out into the street, screaming into the night. (With that reaction, maybe I should wait till late October when people are doing that anyway for Halloween.)
OK, so nix on the nitpicks. When you think and stop about it, who really likes to read about things that annoy someone else? They tell their tale; the longer it goes on, the whinier it gets. Just toss 'em a hunk of cheese so they can have it with their whine. Hide their car keys so they can't think and drive.
It's a warm Friday night out here on the coast. The house is quiet. Diana's doing her artwork, Chimi is chowing down in his cage, and I'm writing and trying to make sense. I think tomorrow will be a yard work day. While I'm pushing my corded electric lawn mower─and hopefully NOT tripping over the big fiberglass rock─I'll let any thoughts I have run freely through my head so I will come up with more to write. Stay tuned...
Thanks, Eric. I will stay tuned to station ERIC, and anxiously await the next episode. You made me think about the meaning of nits, which are lice eggs that may live on human hair. Pretty serious stuff and not to be ignored or delayed.
ReplyDeleteYour friend,
Jim Kula
Funny thing about the part where I mention stuff falling off a shelf: right after I finished this post and put it up, we had that earthquake. Maybe I should watch what I write...
Delete