Saturday, August 29, 2020

Nexxxt!!1!

Now that you've gotten off of Eric's Crazy, Cuckoopants Coaster of Calamityaka, my previous postit's time to jump into that ever-mysterious subject of "what's next?" for yours truly. I've written similar posts over the years so this is merely the latest.

The title of this post is "Nexxxt!!1!," and having the letter "x" three times in a row within a single word and a mish-mash of punctuation and numberage after that, it could mean just about anything. However, for the record, it won't be much about coaster #20 out at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I did mention SFMM's 20th coaster in that post, but for reasons known only to corporate, Six Flags did not announce any of their plans for 2021 during the last week of August, as has been tradition for many years now. It's probably due to the COVID-19 pandumbic that isn't letting up anytime soon. (The rumor mill says that SFMM's Coaster #20 will be a clone of Six Flags Great Adventure's 2020 project, Jersey Devil, which is under construction, but has not opened yet.) My guess is that whatever was planned for this year at most parks will simply carry over to next year. It's no biggie because none of the theme parks in California opened anyway. Any new attractions would have just sat there, feeling all abandoned and unloved. The announcement will come, maybe after the election. Then they can reveal their Trump card or keep Biden their time. (Bad Abysmal political humor) Sorry...just had to...

Now that I've coughed out all of that phlegm (how do they come up with words like that?), let me get to the nexxxt part of this post. Not being employed and not being well is a miserable combination. In fact, someone very recently told me that I look like I'm "just sitting and waiting to die." I'm not sure exactly what that meant, but I get the feeling that I appear less-than-well to various peoplesome of whom could be unimportant folks, like recruiters, hiring managers, etc. Actually, I've wondered about that a few times and have asked a few friends whether I look well or otherwise. I said that honesty is appreciated, even if their evaluation wasn't positive. Most everyone said I look fine, though doing some walking would be a good idea. (I strongly agree.) A few noted that my movements have become slow and a bit unsteady, I look tired, I should get rid of the mustache, etc., but otherwise OK. How and why this one person made their observation was...interesting. But s/he was the only one, so I'm not taking it very seriouslyif at all.

I have made an appointment to see the doctor early next week. His office is set up for the now-normal COVID-19 parameters for social distancing, obsessive sanitizing, face masks, etc. We're going to work toward getting to the bottom of my issues. (Getting a prostate exam from six feet away might be a challenge, though, but I'd better not go there in this post.) The thing is that my problem isn't merely diabetes. Everyone from here to the rings of Saturn knows about my adventures with the Insulin Shooters Club. Sometimes this disease messes with your body in ways you'd never guess. But it's high time to find out where the problem really lies. And with the help of a real physician, not the armchair variety.

If I had to guess, I'd say that all of this will be resolved in some way, sooner or later. Not going to ramble anymore. I'll write an update as things progress.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Eric. I must say I was disappointed reading this post. When i saw NeXXXt, somehow, for some reason, it was the triple X that jumped out at me, and I expected something salacious, like Fifty Shades of Eric. Alas, after I readjusted my expectations, I settled in for some vintage Eric, which is always a delight and never a disappointment or a letdown. Thanks, Eric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wrote "Fifty Shades of Eric," then some folks might suspect that I'm some sort of shady character...

      Delete