Monday, August 31, 2020

After Nexxxt!!1!

Well, I survived my doctor's appointment, including the dreaded Six-Foot Prostate Challenge. I won't get into the details of that, but it appears that all is well on that frontor should I say "rear?" Other things are OK, too, though I need to drop a few dozen pounds. But I already knew that. Apparently I have earned an insurance-approved visit to a full-fledged endocrinologist to look deeper into the mysteries of Ericto learn what makes him tick and what might get him to breathe easier and keep his blood sugar levels better controlled. See what getting to the bottom of health issues can get you?

Someday I'll be serious. Probably not today, though. But it's on my agenda. Time, patience, and Diet Coke will help.

The last few days have been...interesting. Between today's adventure at the doctor, hearing Led Zeppelin's Kashmir inside the grocery store the other day, actually finding a possible job at a place straight across the highway and railroad tracks behind our house (it's only a part assembly job, but better than nothing), and being told that I look like I'm just sitting and waiting to die, I've had a few things to write about. My last couple of posts have been evidence of that, even though I didn't address everything.

Taking life day by day is the way to go. For me at least.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Eric. “Taking life day to day...” is good advice for all of us, which includes me, especially in these times. In fact, one might argue and advocate taking life moment by moment, especially since that is how it is given and received. Thanks, Eric, for your keen insight and keeping the rest of us, including me, on my toes.
    Your friend, Jim Kula

    ReplyDelete