Friday, May 13, 2016

Time to kick this blog up a notch—or 12...

As of this post, I've published only 98 posts total over the six-and-a-half years that I've been writing Welcome to Eric's Planet. That works out to a mere 16 posts per year. Beyond pathetic in my opinion. But what's even patheticker (I added a "k" for ease of mispronunciation) is that there is so much out there to write about. With so many things polluting my brain, why haven't those things made it as far as a blog post?

There's no valid explanation, really. It's just plain old laziness on my part. I could say that since my computer up and died last fall, I have no way of writing. That's a bald-faced lie. I do have a tablet, or I can go to our local public library and use one of their computers as I'm doing now. In fact, unbeknownst to both of my readers (I had three, but one unfriended me and blocked me, too), I wrote many of the posts from last fall's 30-Day Writing Challenge on my tablet. And you couldn't even tell the difference, huh?

With all that gibberishment out of the way, let me say that with just over half of 2016 left, I'm going to make some kind of effort to get this thing going. My 57rd birthday is in less than three months and perhaps an early birthday present to myself will be to write some good stories. When all is said and dumb, it's all about effort, and I need to make that effort or die trying.

So consider yourselves warned. Eric's Planet is still out there in the blogosphere and it's just waiting for clearance to land. But there's a giant plane called "Life" in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment