Why would I give a blog post a title using a hockey term when I'm not even a fan of the game? In hockey, a hat trick refers to one player scoring three goals within a single game. In blog-ese, it means that I've written one blog post per day three days in a row. Contrary to what some of you might be thinking, I didn't really perform some sort of magic trick—like setting a hat on a table, saying a few magic words, and *POOF* out pops a rabbit. Or even worse, Chimi.
This week's posts have been, to a degree, historical, in a history of life sort of way. One went back and explored how this blog came about; another examined my entry into the world of doing my own comic strip. Should I share how I got interested in amusement parks and roller coasters? No, because I don't need to—I did that already back in June.
When all is said and done, it doesn't really matter if I focus on anything in particular because the whole idea of blogging is the writing. Writing is an exercise. Ever notice that in school you were given an assignment where the directions said, "Complete the following exercises." And you had to write and write and write and write. And it could be a lot of math or a bunch of sentences where you had to label the various parts of speech, or diagram the sentence by identifying the subject, predicate, object, etc.
As I'm learning, writing is good for the brain, it's good for the hand (or both hands if you're typing on a keyboard), and in the end, it's good for the soul.

No comments:
Post a Comment