Not much of a title, huh? They're yellow. They're sour. They're round...ish. Why am I writing about lemons, anyway? Because we grow them and I have never written about them before and you will enjoy this blog entry and tell your friends all about it.
Here is our lemon tree before I started picking them. If you look at my Facebook page, then you've already seen this picture. But if you don't, then you haven't:
Lots of lemons to pick. Lots of work to do. And during a solar eclipse, too. So I had to get busy and the the work done or else night would fall, and with my luck, it would fall right on top of me.
(By the way, this will be a fairly short blog entry. Just letting you off the hook if you haven't already left for more interesting activities.)
When I got out to the tree and started picking, I noticed that there weren't as many lemons to pick as I'd thought because many of them weren't quite ripe. But I did get a plastic container and filled it up. This is my catch of the day:
Not really that many, but there are enough to give away or take to my mom's or make lemonade or whatever. So many choices.
Speaking of catch of the day, one of the lemons sort of caught my eye. Yes, Virginia, this really is a lemon. It reminded me a little of a fish, so I got a Sharpie and had a little fun. Betcha can't guess what I added to it...
This lemon wasn't as big as you'd think it was. I held it up and took a picture of it. That is in fact my hand holding it, so you can get an idea as to how big it was. I don't have giant man-hands or anything, just normalish guy hands.
And a lemonfish isn't all that I found. Here is a mutantlemon. Yes, you read that right. Mutantlemon. One word. When I saw that on the tree, the only thing I could think of is that the diesel fumes from the trains passing nearby have really affected our lemon crop. Check this out (and, no, it isn't Photoshopped).
So there you go, ladies and gentlemen. This is what passes for fun at our house. Come back next time for even more fun in Save Time and Money by Cleaning Your Own Headlights. And do it quickly. It's getting dark...

No comments:
Post a Comment