Saturday, September 18, 2021

A rambling visit to the Planet

It felt so good to be able to write a new post last week. So much so that I wanted to try it again. Like last time, I'm at the library. They got new computers with some funky keyboards, but I'm sure they'll grow on me over time.

Speaking of growing...

By now, most of you know that during the early months of this year, I have regrown my beard. Something's wrong with it because it's all gray—like it's old or something. A few days ago, I overheard a guy tell someone to "go ask that Methuselah-looking guy over there." That calls for me to rethink having such a monstrosity adorn my face. I never wanted to grow it in first place, but when the simple act of shaving becomes difficult, it's just easier to let the hair grow and the beard flow. While I'm still fighting the fatigue that caused me to grow it in the first place, there comes a time when it's gone far enough and must meet its doom. That time is soon. Perhaps I'll write a post with before and after photos—for shock value if for nothing else. The police can update their files with my new photos. I'm not easy to catch so they'll have their hands full.

Getting around the Planet has been difficult as of late. The three cars at our house are anywhere from 15 to 20 years old, and all are running poorly or not at all. Common sense says to "just get a new one." Easier said than done—especially now because even used cars are hard to come by. It's all related to COVID-19, so they say. Not having worked for awhile doesn't help, either, as it takes money to acquire a car.

Have I rambled enough yet in this post? I think so. I'd better not say any more about the things that are bugging me at the moment or I'll end up getting into things that need to be kept quiet for the time being.

I'm thankful for being able to get back into my blog and do some writing, whether it makes sense or not, and whether it's a long or short post. Any way I can do it, it's good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment