After what seems like an eternity of unericsplanetary debacles (try saying that fast three times), mishaps, bad tastes in my mouth and gum in my hair, it looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel—and this time it's not a train.
Some things aren't changing (like my bizarre sleep habits as of late. I told you about that last time). But some things...maybe. Just today, in fact, I woke up at the crack of late afternoon—3pm to be exact, a mere 13 hours after hitting the hay. Getting up at almost dinnertime is not a good thing, especially when you're a diabetic. Going too much time without eating can be dangerous. Fortunately, my blood sugar reading was good at 111. But later on, what made my day was a visit from someone who may help in ridding our place of one of the two old, decrepid cars that live here. The best of the bunch will be returned all fixed...my CR-V. Done at no cost to me, too! I'll asplain when it happens.
Whenever things start to go right, it's a boost to my feelings of self worth. And I've badly needed that for such a long time. I've spent too much time worrying about what's to come. What I've learned is something I've actually known all along: that patience and prayers pay off. Many family members and friends have reminded me of this; the good things that are starting to happen is a sign that it's true. I need to learn to listen.
I don't think you're alone with the sleep habits.
ReplyDelete