Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Eric's pit stop—simple adjustments or complete overhaul?

For reasons I'm not sure I'll ever know, September was a "pedal to the metal" month here on the planet. New posts flowed off of me like melted butter flowing off of a hot stack of pancakes. And as fast as it began, so did it stop. It's definitely not for a lack of subject matter—I have enough to write about for many posts to come. At the time of this post, I've written a few that I'm not ready to spring on you just yet. Those posts require some more thought and a little fine tuning.

So why aren't I doing that? Why are my posts sitting in my mind like they're waiting for a train that isn't coming? Waiting for a traffic light that isn't changing? Stuck in the head of someone stalling by making up clichés? There is without a doubt a Sigalert in effect on someone's mental freeway. And you both know who that someone is.

One contributor to that could be a hiccup in my current state of health. To my surprise, when I visited the doctor last month, he said that I got an order to see [drum roll] an endocrinologist to figure out some issues that have come up. For whatever reason, however, trying to make an appointment to see her has proven difficult, which is odd to me. But I keep on keeping on, which is the best I can do. At age sixty-one, I'm no spring chicken, but I'm still a long way from being over the hill by any means even though I can see it in the distance. Yes, I'm diabetic, which everyone from here to the Amalfi Coast in Italy already knows. That disease is not kind to your body regardless of how well you manage it. I don't believe that you can control diabetes, but you can manage it. Some will disagree, and I'll care tomorrow because I'm busy right now. Before I end up lecturing about diabetes, let me get back to the topic at hand, whatever it was.

(Of note, one thing I'd better not approach here is Eric's Forever Futile Financial Fiasco. Going there will only cause me to break down into tears. Not worth itnot even for the Oscar winning performance. Maybe $ome other time.)

Provided I can actually get an appointment with this doctor, perhaps under her care I can figure out why my body is doing what it's doing and snap it back to a reasonable state of being. I have no doubt that this new doctor has the best tools for the job.


2 comments: