For your inconvenience, here's an illustration of this nasty old planet-wrecker:
Ugly little bugger, isn't it? Kinda looks like a cross between Aunt Harriet's famous Eggy Souffléggy and Karen's Boiled Vegetable Balls that she brings to Every. Work. Potluck... (And takes back home, too. LOL!)
But, oh the damage this pest has caused. And it certainly toots its horn about it because it has a lot of horns to toot. I imagine that if this virus actually made any sound, that sound would be somewhere between an air raid siren and an Amtrak train blasting its horn while hauling at full speed trying to make up time. And all of that racket in your very own bloodstream.
My imagination runs wild. Fortunately, everyone knows that and makes the necessary accommodations. Running away screaming into the night seems to be most effective.
I took note of the fact that while I got off to a good start writing this year, for some reason a steep downward trend of writing has taken place. It doesn't help that the library is closed—like practically everywhere else—but that just about everything happening at this time revolves around the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. While certainly understandable, one can write just so much about it. Sheer boardom has set in. (I spelled "boredom" the way I did because I feel like I've been nailed to home.) I shouldn't complain, though. It's all for the best. I can write blog posts on my phone (as I'm doing now), though it's easier with a computer.
Staying home keeps the virus from spreading. Even when we're out, we're supposed to stay at least six feet from other people. Both food and retail places have marked off six-foot intervals on the floor so that people maintain proper "social distancing." I even sprung for some sporty face masks to wear when I'm out terrorizing the town. If you would like to pick up some well made facewear made locally (in Chino CA), check out Garment Decor's website.
When all is said and done, we're going to emerge from this just fine. As long as people take care of themselves, keep their hands washed and help others, we'll all be OK.
But so much for writing about something besides COVID-19, huh?


No comments:
Post a Comment