Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Why write a blog?

The title of this post raises a question that I've actually been asked a number of times. It's very easy and Erical for me to say, "Because." and leave it at that. However, to be fair, I'll go ahead and try to give you a good answer if you've been wondering the same thing. If you aren't one of the ones who spends time and brain power on this, then you're dismissed to go out and get some coffee or a Coke. Your choice.

With the tenth blogiversary of Eric's Planet coming up sometime this fall, I'm likely to write more posts about the whos, whats, whys, hows, wherefores, art thous, and anything regarding why I spend so much time doing this. If you can believe it, a few people have actually told me that they think I should find other things to do. Well, I'm a pretty calm person for the most part, but if I let my feelings about that attitude come out, there could be bloodshed. And they WON'T like it.

I'm not going to jump into this just yet because I just came up with the idea, and I need time to let it mull over in my head. Oftentimes after a good night's sleep, my head is so full of ideas that I didn't have when I turned off the lights. That's a good thing for the most part.

Stay tuned here in the coming weeks and you'll learn why I've devoted all this time to writing—and LOVIN' it—when I used to dread writing way back in my school days.

No comments:

Post a Comment