Wednesday, April 14, 2010

We Got a New Yard!

After about an eternity or so of having a yard that looks more like an overgrown tumbleweed farm, we finally had the place hacked to smithereens in order to get it back to where it should be.  As you'll see in the photos, the transformation was amazing to say the least.

Out with the old...


And in with the new...


See?  I could have sworn I saw wild animals running around back there.  No, wait---I couldn't have because the yard was too overgrown!  And not only did we get the yard cleared out, we got a new gate, too!

Here's the old gate:


Here's the new one:


Victor's crew did a fine job.  We had a lemon tree that was pretty decrepit.  Not only did they trim back and save the original lemon tree, but they took a branch from it and planted it over in the flower bed next to the fence.  What I always liked about that lemon tree is that it grows those HUGE! grapefruit sized lemons (can't recall the name of that variety, so I just call 'em "giant lemons").

Hopefully sometime soon I can cover getting the inside of our house back into shape...

2 comments:

  1. That's nice. Progress is being made. Maybe I should have chronicled what I'm doing here...it would be like your blog in reverse. Things are falling apart. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is living proof that miracles DO happen! :)

    ReplyDelete